The Coalition Against Stalkerware convened in 2019 in order to facilitate communication between those organizations working to combat domestic violence and the security community. The founding organizations have committed to fighting domestic violence, stalking, and harassment by addressing the use of stalkerware and raising public awareness about this issue.
As the Coalition moves forward, it intends to:
- Define best practices in the debate surrounding stalkerware and other potentially unwanted technologies deployed without user consent
- Facilitate learning about stalkerware and related threats by security professionals and companies
- Improve IT Security industry response to this issue by sharing samples of known stalkerware among cybersecurity vendor participants and testing IT Security solutions
- Create consensus-based detection criteria
- Raise awareness and education of stalkerware through content and training
- Increase the technical capacity of advocacy and service organizations working with victims and survivors
Working together, we can end the use of stalkerware against innocent victims. Our partners have taken a public stand against the malicious use of this technology. They join us in calling for ethical best practices in software development and an end to tech-enabled abuse.