Next week, the Coalition’s partners are holding an online event together with the UN representatives. The webcast “Stalkerware: at the intersection of intimate partner violence and cybercrime” is scheduled for Tuesday, 6 October 2020, at 1:00 PM UTC.
The session will discuss how technology-facilitated abuse can manifest itself online and offline, and how technologies can also facilitate cybercrime due to the personally-identifiable information it can access on an individual’s device. Speakers will also share information on how individuals can protect themselves, how various communities can work together on these issues, and what calls to action interested stakeholders can pursue.
During the 75-minute session, participants will hear from the following experts to discuss these important issues:
- Live Brenna, Cybercrime Officer, UN Office on Drugs and Crime
- Sachiko Hasumi, Manager, Information Security & Compliance, UN Women
- Anthony Melgarejo, Threat Prevention Service Owner, F-Secure
- Alessandra Pauncz, PhD, Executive Director, European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Tara Hairston, Head of Public Affairs, North America, Kaspersky
All interested parties are welcome to join. Registration information for the event can be found here: https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/15591/440494.